Monday 1 March 2010

The Final Outcome

My own contribution to this project:

During the planning and production of the thriller opening, people in our group were assigned different roles, and we all played a part in the piece of work. Mainly, we worked collectively together as a group.

During the planning, myself and the other group members used lesson time to try and come up with a successful final idea through brainstorming and testing different concepts. When we came up with our first final idea, I was part of planning the location, organising props and lighting. When we filmed, I was operating my mobile phone to make the scene successful. (making the mysterious call and operating the internet for the instant messenger conversation) I also helped with the camera positioning and deciding whether shots were successul or not. When we finished filming I also helped with the editing process, by selecting and cropping scenes to make the opening look good.

When we decided as a group to refilm our entire scene and come up with a new concept, I again was involved in the planning process. During the second attempt of filming, our actress could not make the shooting, so I had to step in. As I could not operate the camera this time, I helped with the establishing shot at the beginning as I was not required in the actual scene. I also helped to find suitable music and made decisions on the other elements of editing along with the rest of my group. This included; choosing when to crop/cut scenes, font selection for the titles and deciding on transitions we should use.

No comments:

Post a Comment